CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Quality Assurance Analyst
An amazing opportunity for you to bring your expert knowledge and experience and help us build something special. You will be responsible for systematically sampling the accuracy and compliance of mortgage applications with corporate policies and procedures. You will recommend changes, ensure that company policies and procedures are followed, and establishes techniques to discover and prevent fraud.
Role Specific Accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures credit operations is compliant with policies, procedures, legislation and regulations.
- Assists with developing and implementing an annual risk-based audit plan aligned with the organization’s objectives, prioritizing audit activities based on assessment of risks and resources available.
- Provides advice to management on internal controls and risks.
- Assists with developing strategic plans and policies regarding the Internal Audit mandate.
- Promotes organizational awareness of risk management concepts and best practices and facilitates and supports the organization’s risk assessment process.
- Conducts special investigations and reviews and supports corporate initiatives as required.
- Pursues professional development through continuing education and training.
- Keeps well informed of significant changes to business activities, organizational structure, systems and policies.
- Conducts special investigations and reviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Educational /Technical Experience:
- University or College degree in Business, Finance or related field would be preferred
- 2+ years of experience of mortgage auditing experience
- 5+ years of residential mortgage underwriting experience in the Canadian mortgage industry
- Thorough knowledge of Mortgage Insurer and Federal/Provincial Regulator guidelines and requirements
- Possess solid MS Office/Computer skills
- Possess solid Internet and email skills
- Ability to apply superior level of attention to detail
- Superior analytical skills
- Excellent judgment, must be able to make independent decisions
- Outstanding relationship management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal with stakeholders via web, email, and telephone interfaces so you must be able to work in an environment that is keyboard and phone intensive
- Provide timely and accurate response to all queries
- Be committed to providing outstanding customer service
- Ability to work in an open environment which is fast paced
- Self-Motivated / proactive and self-disciplined mindset
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Natural intuition as opposed to task orientation; ability to think our your feet
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable, able to multi-task under pressure
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Canadiana Financial is an equal opportunity employer.